Job Status: Full Time
Great opportunity for an Registered Nurse at our 60 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital located in Lubbock, TX.
At Trustpoint Rehabilitation Hospital of Lubbock, we believe that therapy is not just physical, it is also an emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and gain independence.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within assigned unit. The role is also responsible for patient assessments, planning, supervising, interventions, and evaluations designed to prevent complications of physical disability, restore optimal functioning, and help the patient adapt to an altered life style.
Minimum Education and Experience
· Successful completion of accredited Registered Nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
· Current state license as a Registered Nurse required.
· Current CPR Certification required.
· One (1) year recent experience required. Acute care setting preferred.
· ACLS certification preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of and adherence to current nursing theory and practice, infection control, and wound care standards of practice.
· Knowledge of accreditation standards to ensure adherence to all standards set forth by state and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
· Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures, and utilizes proper policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for patients.
· Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
· Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
· Effective organizational and time management skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
· Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
· Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and anniversary bonus.