Case Manager (On Call)
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
Northern Idaho Advanced Care Hospital (NIACH) is a 40 bed long term acute care hospital located in Post Falls, Idaho. NIACH offers long-term acute care and critical care services for patients recovering from serious illnesses or injuries. We are proud of our excellent patient outcomes and high patient satisfaction scores.
Works with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to develop a plan of care for assigned patients. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by monitoring care through assessments and/or patient records. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care. Actively involved in discharge planning process. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members to provide quality patient care and to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Responsible for accreditation standards and adheres to all standards set forth by the State and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
- Documents communication and coordination of patient activities, medical necessity, and post discharge equipment and support needs in the health care record.
- Evaluates and coordinates discharge needs based on the patient’s clinical, social, insurance/financial and functional status at discharge.
- Supports and facilitates Length of Stay Management.
- Communicates appropriate information for timely updates and authorizations with payors. Ensures the outcome of this information is timely communicated to clinical team and administration.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Minimum Work Experience
Current licensure as a Social Worker or RN in the State of Idaho preferred.
One year recent relevant experience required. Acute care setting preferred.
Skills & Abilities
Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial support as they relate to quality and efficiency.
Demonstrates critical thinking skills: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing, and educating coworkers and staff.
Knowledge of community resources to meet post-discharge clinical and social needs.
Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
Ability to establishes and maintains pro-active relationships with internal interdisciplinary team members, local payer, physicians, community service organizations and health care facilities.
Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
Effective organizational and time management skills.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
Job Status: On Call