Case Manager - (PRN)
ABOUT OUR SEARCH
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital, one of the premier physical rehabilitation facilities in the nation, is looking for a new CASE MANAGER - PRN to join our team.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital is a 44-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital. Our facility has been uniquely designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care and fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. MVRRH has been ranked in the Nation’s Top 10% for Rehabilitative Care 11 years in a row!
Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Thanks to the commitment and dedication of our employees and medical staff, Ernest Health’s rehabilitation hospitals once again are ranked in the top 10% of inpatient rehabilitation facilities nationwide. This means that in the communities we serve, we provide the highest level of rehabilitative care available anywhere in the United States. Our staff is passionate about helping our patients attain the best possible outcomes. Our hospitals are located in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming. Each hospital is managed locally to best meet the needs of each community.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Works with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to develop a plan of care for assigned patients. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by monitoring care through assessments and/or patient records. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care. Actively involved in discharge planning process.
- Current clinical licensure strongly preferred.
- One year recent relevant experience required. Acute care setting preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial support as they relate to quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing, and educating coworkers and staff.
- Knowledge of community resources to meet post-discharge clinical and social needs.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to establishes and maintains pro-active relationships with internal interdisciplinary team members, local payer, physicians, community service organizations and health care facilities.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 22256