Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - PRN
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northern Arizona (RHNA) is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design will foster a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital will provide rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we will help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
About our Company:
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Each one of our eligible Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) has been recognized in the Top 10% of 781 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States, cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Position Summary: The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible, under the direction of an occupational therapist, for providing rehabilitative services to individuals with physical impairments. Monitors the patient's program and records patient's progress for the occupational therapist. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists OT in determining patient abilities and /or limitations in establishing treatment goals and inplanning appropriate occupational therapy treatment.
- Under the direction of the OT, completes documentation of patient status/progress for assignedpatients. Reports observation of patient performance to OT.
- Provides age-related and culturally sensitive delivery of patient care services.
- Collaborates with the patient, team members, and area staff during the rehabilitation process to ensure quality care.
- Assists in safe and efficient management and maintenance of the therapy program areas, equipment and supplies. Adheres to treatment and safety precautions, including emergencyresponse.
- Complies with quality control, safety, infection and emergency procedures consistent with hospital policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- Current licensure as a COTA required.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification required.
- One year of direct patient care experience in a rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Status: Part Time