Under the direction of the Food Service Manager, this position prepares or directs preparation of regular or special foods according to prescribed menus and recipes.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follows established schedules in cooking, baking, sanitation.
- Determines proper cooking time and temperature.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food preparation equipment and ensures that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Follows procedures in food cooling, hot food holding, and prevention of cross contamination. Follow all local and state health regulations.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless service
- Prepares meals according to specified menu and schedule with a minimum of waste.
- Use standard food preparation utensils such as knives, spoons, tongs and whips
- Operate power driven equipment.
- Comprehend and make inferences from materials written in the English language.
- Clean work area and equipment using broom, mop, sponge, cleaning solution or
other appropriate tool or material.
- Provides an environment conductive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assess the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or the equivalent in education or experience
- Food Handlers Permit preferred
This position will be available to support regular staff during vacations and short staffing periods
Job Status: Full Time, On Call