Diet Aide - FT
ABOUT OUR SEARCH
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital (MVRRH) is currently seeking an experienced Diet Aide (FT). Make a direct difference today by joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to attain a common goal – giving the gift of time through great patient care. Ask us about our great hire package and benefits!
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital is a 44-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital. Our facility has been uniquely designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care and fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. MVRRH has been ranked in the Nation’s Top 10% for Rehabilitative Care 11 years in a row!
Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Thanks to the commitment and dedication of our employees and medical staff, Ernest Health’s rehabilitation hospitals once again are ranked in the top 10% of inpatient rehabilitation facilities nationwide. This means that in the communities we serve, we provide the highest level of rehabilitative care available anywhere in the United States. Our staff is passionate about helping our patients attain the best possible outcomes. Our hospitals are located in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming. Each hospital is managed locally to best meet the needs of each community.
Assists in the service of meals for patients, visitors, and staff. Diet Aide may be responsible for any of the following tasks: unpacking and visually inspecting food stock; preparing, pouring, and portioning food; carrying heavy trays, pots, etc.; delivering meals to patients; maintaining sanitary work environment and food handling; cleaning work station area and equipment; washing dishes, pots, silverware, etc. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent in education or experience required.
- Food Handlers license required.
- Patient related service experience preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of patient diets and safe food handling requirements and use of Nutritional Care Manual.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23115