Diet Aide part time
Great opportunity for a Diet Aide at our 93 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital located in Lubbock, TX.
At Trustpoint Rehabilitation Hospital of Lubbock, we believe that therapy is not just physical, it is also an emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and gain independence.
The Diet Aide assists in the service of meals for patients, visitors, and staff. Diet Aide may be responsible for any of the following tasks: unpacking and visually inspecting food stock; preparing, pouring, and portioning food; carrying heavy trays, pots, etc.; delivering meals to patients; maintaining sanitary work environment and food handling; cleaning work station area and equipment; washing dishes, pots, silverware, etc. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Minimum Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or the equivalent in education or experience required.
· Food Handlers license required.
· Patient related service experience preferred.
· CPR certification preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of patient diets and safe food handling requirements and use of Nutritional Care Manual.
· Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
· Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
· Effective organizational and time management skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
· Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and anniversary bonus.
Job Status: Part Time