Diet Aide (Per Diem)
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares food trays for delivery to patients, following established guidelines for safe food handling.
- Maintains products at safe temperatures for patient consumption.
- Demonstrates knowledge of portion control as per requested diet.
- Wears gloves as required by established procedures.
- Assists with the service of patient trays.
- Records and delivers all between meal nourishments to patient’s room.
- Portions food items according to the Health Department procedures for safe food handling.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient diets and safe food handling requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of different diets and accurately sets up trays with appropriate food items.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Covers, dates, labels and stores all food items properly.
- Assists with keeping Dietary Department stocked with essential patient food items.
- Replenishes patient refrigerator with juices, canned pop, jellos, puddings, etc., as needed.
- Replenishes all dry storage items as needed.
- Operates dish machine according to established procedures.
- Maintains all records regarding patient diet information.
- Updates patient diet cardex as needed.
- Accurately prepares diet cards for each patient’s tray.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or the equivalent in education or experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Job Status: On Call