Full Time Dietitian - Hospital
We are currently seeking an experienced Dietitian to join our team at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). Working at an LTACH will provide you with new experiences that you won't have anywhere else. As part of a new and growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference. Great benefits, great employees and great opportunities await you!
About our Company: The staff at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital believes that recovery is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly-trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and regain independence. The Specialty Hospital provides advanced long-term acute care, including high observation/critical care, for patients who require time to heal from catastrophic injury or illness.
Job Summary: Coordinates the preparation and serving of meals, in collaboration with the Food Services Manager, based on general or special diets. Specifies dietary requirements for patients with special restrictions or nutritional needs.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the nutritional aspects of patient care by: sharing specialized knowledge with others on the medical team, participating appropriately in patient rounds and conferences, recording in medical records, and assessing the nutritional status of patients, instructing patients, recording diet histories, interpreting and integrating therapeutic principles.
- Evaluates patient menus and modified diets and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Makes appropriate notation of food and drug interaction in the patient medical record
- Complies with quality control, safety, infection control and emergency procedures consistent with hospital policy.
- Maintain current diet manual for therapeutic diets that have been approved jointly by the Dietitian and medical staff.
- Registered Dietitian license or certified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- One (1) year of experience in the care of patients in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
Available Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, 401k, Vacation
Job Status: Full Time