Full Time Night RN - Rehab Hospital - Sign on Bonus Available
Northern Utah Rehabilitation Hospital is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital. Our facility, designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care, is the only freestanding rehabilitation hospital in Northern Utah. The facility’s unique design will foster a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients.
Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within assigned unit. The role is also responsible for patient assessments, planning, supervising, interventions, and evaluations designed to prevent complications of physical disability, restore optimal functioning, and help the patient adapt to an altered life style. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality and efficient patient care according to established standards. This includes: accurately completing admission and other assessments, and collecting, analyzing, and prioritizing assessment data and other relevant patient information in order to facilitate proper patient care.
- Contributes to the appropriate development, maintenance and update of individualized patient plan of care. Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions. Implements identified plan of care in accordance with current professional standards and practices and in accordance with patient needs.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs. Teaches patient and families using effective teaching methods and documents accordingly.
- Appropriately designates applicable charges to individual patient.
- Based on needs assessment, coordinates and delegates care and treatments with the interdisciplinary team. Provides timely and adequate supervision to LPNs/LVNs/and PCTs
- Provides timely assistance with urgent and emergency situations, i.e., Code Blue & Rapid Response.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Helps identify problems and potential risks and contributes to corrective action plans. Notifies proper personnel of real or potential problems with patient issues and quality and/or appropriateness of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- Current RN license in the state of Utah required.
- Current CPR certification required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Hospital experience preferred
- Proficient use of appropriate forms in documenting care and medical necessity
- Ability to prioritize tasks and care
- Ability to demonstrate clinical proficiency utilizing policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for patients
- Knowledge about accreditations standards to ensure adherence to all standards set forth by the State and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(K), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and ETO (Earned Time Off). Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Job Status: Full Time