Full-time Respiratory Therapist Lead
We are currently seeking an experienced Respiratory Therapist to be a team lead at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). Working at an LTACH will provide you with new experiences that you won't have anywhere else. As part of a growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference. Great benefits, great employees and great opportunities await you!
About our Company: The staff at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital believes that recovery is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly-trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and regain independence. The Specialty Hospital provides advanced long-term acute care, including high observation/critical care, for patients who require time to heal from catastrophic injury or illness.
Job Summary: Coordinates the clinical and technical aspects of respiratory services rendered to insure the delivery of quality therapeutic services. Coordinates laboratory and radiology functions. Works in the standard for some shifts. Evaluates and treats patients with breathing disorders. Assumes primary responsibility for all respiratory care treatments of assigned patients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively participates in patient care and performs medically prescribed respiratory care.
- Assesses the patient's condition using professional judgment and in conference with patient’s physician.
- Helps coordinate day-today activities for the Respiratory Department. Provides technical advice and serves as a consultant to other staff members.
- Assigns patient care tasks to respiratory therapist under the direction of the DNO.
- Performs in-house transport, stands by during special procedures and responds to critical situations.
- Documents all procedures performed on all patients, including patients’ response to therapy and communicates patient tolerance or adverse response to nursing, physicians and applicable staff. Receives pertinent information concerning assigned patients and effectively communicates all relevant information to the oncoming shift.
- Coordinates Laboratory and Radiology functions
- Maintains and cleans equipment as required. Setup, maintain and remove equipment from patient care areas.
- Communicates appropriate information to patient/family concerning respiratory care procedures.
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement process for the department and the hospital.
- In collaboration with DNO, assists with managing personnel activities and appropriate staffing in the Respiratory department.
- Complies with quality control, safety, infection control and emergency procedures.
- Completes monitoring and QA steps on sterilization etc. of equipment as required.
- Current Utah state license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Current CPR certification. ACLS preferred
- Two (2) years recent experience in acute care setting required.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ability to organize and delegate to appropriate personnel
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(K), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and ETO (Earned Time Off). Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Job Status: Full Time