High Observation RN Nights Full/Part Time
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse with critical care experience to join our Nursing team at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning hospital recognized for its efforts in providing high quality care for a diverse array of patient needs. Working at our hospital will provide you with a wide range of clinical experiences that you won't have anywhere else. You will be exposed to patients with many different diagnoses. As a new RN, this exposure will help you to build a strong foundation in nursing and cultivate your clinical and critical thinking skills. As an experienced RN, this exposure will challenge you to utilize your current skills while you continue building on your foundational skills. As part of a new and growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference in our patient’s lives and provide them with the best possible chance for healing. We offer great benefits, great employees and a conducive, team atmosphere that will foster great learning opportunities and build your resume of clinical experience.
About our Company: The staff at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital believes that recovery is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly-trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and regain independence. The Specialty Hospital provides that advanced acute care utilizing a multidisciplinary approach which includes: a full Therapy team, a Wound Care team, a Respiratory Therapy team, a Nursing team, a Diagnostic team, and a Pulmonology team as well as many others. We have a High Observation unit as well as a Med Surg unit where our patients come to heal from catastrophic injury or illness.
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessments, planning, supervising, interventions, and evaluations designed to prevent complications of physical disability, restore optimal functioning and help the patient adapt to an altered life style. The Registered Nurse is responsible for overseeing patient care provided through support personnel. The RN provides care to adolescents through geriatric age patients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality and efficient patient care according to established standards including: accurately completing admission and other assessments, and collecting, analyzing, and prioritizing assessment data to facilitate proper patient care
- Contributes to the appropriate development, maintenance, and update of the individualized patient plan of care. Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients' conditions. Ensures patient care interventions and activities are directed for resolution of needs.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs. Teaches patients and families using effective teaching methods and then documents accordingly.
- Appropriately designates applicable charges to individual patient using the hospital's established system
- Based on needs assessment, coordinates and delegates care and treatments with the interdisciplinary team. Provides timely and adequate supervision to LPN's and PCT's.
- Provides timely assistance with urgent and emergency situations.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors and staff
- Helps identify problems and potential risks and contributes to corrective action plans. Notifies proper personnel of real or potential problems with patient issues and appropriateness of care.
- Current RN license in the state of Utah required.
- Current CPR and ACLS certification required
- Critical Care/ICU experience required
- Ability to prioritize tasks and care
- Ability to demonstrate clinical proficiency utilizing policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for patients
- Knowledge about accreditations standards to ensure adherence to all standards set forth by the State and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time