Home Health Office Coordinator (PRN)
Mountain Valley Home for Health a division of Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital, is currently looking for a PRN Home Health Office Coordinator to join our Home Health Team. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of internal motivation, the ability to work with minimal supervision and be a team player who wants to excel at assisting patients return to functionality as they transition back to their community. The ideal candidate will have experience in home health.
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital is a 44-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital. Our facility has been uniquely designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care and fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
The Office Coordinator provides professional administrative support to the Administrator, Director and Clinicians, as appropriate with thoroughness, self-direction, and accuracy. The Office Coordinator organizes, prioritizes, and carries out assignments, tasks, and projects with minimal supervision. The Office Coordinator will use independent judgment to plan, prioritizes, and organizes diverse workloads in the Home Health practices and procedures. The Office Coordinator maintains a high level of confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answers and screens all incoming phone calls and directs to the appropriate department, relays messages to field staff, as needed.
- Creates and maintains clinical records for the Home Health patients, including scanning documents and filing. Maintains admission and discharge process checklists accurately.
- Responsible for receiving physician orders, tracking and logging orders into tracking system and sending to physicians for signature.
- Works on outstanding documents, bill holds, F2F and 485 reports on a daily basis to assure all items are being followed up on, obtained with appropriate signatures and filed in a timely manner.
- Maintains office equipment and office supplies. Orders, organizes and stocks supplies, as needed. Assists with supply requisition and billing.
- Uploads/scans required documents into EMR to keep the record accurate and current at all times. Maintains patient EMR chart using professional standards. Routes documents and correspondence accurately and timely to appropriate disciplines.
- Verifies patient insurance information including benefits, coverage, limits, billing information, etc. and communicates this information to the appropriate departments, subunits and the business office.
- Tracks, obtains and communicates appropriate payer authorizations/status with clinical staff, timely and accurately.
- Administrative duties including filing, copying, faxing, mail distribution. Maintains an adequate supply of Admission and Orientation packets for clinical staff. Create and complete reports and documents utilizing MS Office, as directed.
- Assists with orientation, training of new staff and supports various departments, as needed. Communicates with HR/Benefits/Payroll departments of employee changes.
- Schedules appropriate field staff to clients, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Minimum Work Experience and Education:
- Two (2) years Home Health office experience, preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Some college preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Insurance experience preferred
- Billing experience preferred
- Home Health experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
- Knowledge of MS Office
If you love helping others get care, know how to build relationships and have an administrative background we would love to hear from you. As a member of our team you can expect competitive wages and a supportive administration that makes our work fun and fulfilling.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 19670