Human Resources Coordinator (Las Cruces, NM)
HR Coordinator position available with Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico / Advanced Care Hospital of Southern New Mexico (dual-facility campus).
Our Passion - Patients are our priority. We are passionate about patient care and consider it a privilege to be able to provide services to patients and their family members throughout Southern New Mexico.
At Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico, we provide rehabilitative services to people recovering from disabilities caused by injuries or illnesses. We help our patients regain their physical or cognitive abilities so they can return home at their highest level of independence.
Nationally Recognized: Our hospital has been ranked in the Top 10% nationally for rehabilitative care for 10 consecutive years, and has earned The Joint Commission’s advanced stroke certification. This means that we provide the highest level of care available to patients right here in our own community.
At Advanced Care Hospital of Southern New Mexico, we provide long-term acute care services to patients who are recovering from serious illnesses or injuries and often require additional critical care services for medically complex conditions. Often these individuals require additional critical care services for medically complex conditions such as trauma, infectious diseases, wound healing, cardiovascular disease, stroke, amputations, and respiratory failure.
Nationally Recognized: We have received national recognition for our respiratory care services from the American Association for Respiratory Care, meeting safety and quality standards.
This role provides guidance, support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of Human Resources policies, procedures throughout the company. Integrates the hospital's mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
- Advises employees and management regarding appropriate policies and procedures
- Assists in recruitment efforts, including coordinating pre-employment background and reference checks and tracking open/closed positions in facility
- Coordinate new hire processes, including new employee orientation, onboarding
- Prepares and maintains employment records and HRIS data system
- Participates in performance review and termination processes and works with management to ensure timely completion
- Prepares and distributes various reports
- Provides payroll function for the facilities and processes required documents
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum three (3) years Human Resources experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of Human Resources, State and Federal laws required; Joint Commission knowledge in hospital setting preferred
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of principles for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems
- MS Office skills required, especially Outlook, Excel, Word
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others
- Ability to multi-task and organize work load effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Visit us on Facebook
Job Status: Full Time