Kitchen help - Diet Aide/Cook
We are currently seeking an experienced Diet Aide to join our team at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). Working at an LTACH will provide you with new experiences that you won't have anywhere else. As part of a new and growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference. Great benefits, great employees and great opportunities await you!
About our Company: The staff at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital believes that recovery is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly-trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and regain independence. The Specialty Hospital provides advanced long-term acute care, including high observation/critical care, for patients who require time to heal from catastrophic injury or illness.
Job Summary: Assists in the service of meals for patients, visitors, and staff. Diet Aide may be responsible for any of the following tasks: unpacking and visually inspecting food stock; preparing, pouring, and portioning food; carrying heavy trays, pots etc.; delivering meals to patients; maintaining sanitary work environment and food handling; cleaning work station area and equipment; washing dishes, pots, silverware, etc.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares food trays for delivery to patients, following established guidelines for safe food handling.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food preparation equipment and ensures that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Assists with keeping Dietary department stocked with essential patient food items.
- Operates dish machine according to established procedures
- Maintains all records regarding patient diet information.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the machines, tools, equipment and/or work aids appropriate for the position.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent in education or experience
- Food Handlers Permit required
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Wage: $10.50 an hour
Job Status: Part Time