Occupational Therapist - FT
ABOUT OUR SEARCH
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital (MVRRH) is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist - FT. Make a direct difference today by joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to attain a common goal – giving the gift of time through phenomenal patient care. Ask us about our phenomenal hire package and benefits!
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital is a 44-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital. Our facility has been uniquely designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care and cultivates a luxurious and responsive environment for our patients. MVRRH has been ranked in the Nation’s Top 10% for Rehabilitative Care 11 years in a row due to the outstanding work of our team and people like you.
Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Thanks to the commitment and dedication of our employees and medical staff, Ernest Health’s rehabilitation hospitals once again are ranked in the top 10% of inpatient rehabilitation facilities nationwide. This means that in the communities we serve, we deliver the highest level of rehabilitative care available anywhere in the United States. Our staff is passionate about helping our patients attain the best possible outcomes. We have hospitals located in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming. Each hospital is led locally to best meet the needs of each community.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Evaluates patients and helps them improve basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also compensate for permanent loss of function by teaching them to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. These patients may have conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling. May also assist patients in selecting appropriate adaptive equipment and assistive devices. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
Skills / Requirements
Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year recent experience in the care of patients in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Basic Life Support/CPR card required
- One year of experience in the care of patients in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial support as they relate to quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrates competency in the provision of care according to established standards
- Demonstrates appropriate application of age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Leadership skills in delegating, organizing, and educating coworkers and staff.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23106