Occupational Therapist - Full-Time
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northern Arizona (RHNA) is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
About our Company:
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Each one of our eligible Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) has been recognized in the Top 10% of 781 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States, cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Position Summary: The Occupational Therapist is responsible for evaluating patients and helps them improve basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also compensate for permanent loss of function by teaching them to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. These patients may have conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling. May also assist patients in selecting appropriate adaptive equipment and assistive devices. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs patient assessment and establishes plan of care and treatment goals.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
- Assesses educational and cultural needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and communicates accordingly to achieve maximum benefit of care.
- Prepares plans for discharge.
- Applies appropriate application of age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for patients.
- Coordinates and supervises staff.
- Completes and files patient documentation in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Basic Life Support/CPR card required
- One year of experience in the care of patients in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Status: Full Time