Part Time Hospital Unit Secretary - 1 Day Shift, 1 Night Shift
We are currently seeking an experienced Unit Secretary to join our team at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). Working at an LTACH will provide you with new experiences that you won't have anywhere else. As part of a new and growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference. Great benefits, great employees and great opportunities await you!
About our Company: The staff at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital believes that recovery is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly-trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and regain independence. The Specialty Hospital provides advanced long-term acute care, including high observation/critical care, for patients who require time to heal from catastrophic injury or illness.
Job Summary: Performs the duties of a receptionist and assists with all the clerical duties on the patient unit.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist patients and visitors; answer phones and relay messages.
- Prepare and complete paperwork such as patient records, charts, discharge orders, etc.
- Communicate physicians’ orders to interdisciplinary team and ancillary services.
- Coordinates and schedules all patient appointments
- Completes and distributes the applicable form to Billing and Medical Records to ensure charges are billed appropriately to patient accounts.
- Telemetry functions if applicable.
- One (1) year of clerical or administrative assistant experience preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Ability to operate office machinery and use the computer
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Job Status: Part Time