Part Time Weekends - CNA/Unit Secretary - Rehab Hospital
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions
Our hospital will provide rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
This position will be a dual position for both a Patient Care Tech and a Unit Secretary. Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs delegated tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical, psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the patient. The patient care tech actively participates in departmental activities and processes.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care. Provides nourishment and hydration with awareness of special diet precautions.
- Performs and documents vital signs, measures and records intake and output, weights, specimen collections, etc.
- Transfers patients utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Consults with Registered Nurse/Licensed Nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary team for the delivery of patient care. Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior.
- Promptly and appropriately responds to patient and family calls and requests.
- Assists in preparing the unit, patient’s rooms, and patient beds for receiving patient admissions. Assist with the admission and discharge of patients.
- Appropriately designates applicable charges to individual patients using hospital system.
- Greets and assists patients visitors; answers phones and relays messages.
- Prepares and completes paperwork such as patient records, charts, discharge orders, etc.
- Communicates physician orders to interdisciplinary team and ancillary services
- Coordinates and schedules patient appointments.
- Completes and distributes forms to Billing and Medical Records.
- Current CNA license in the state of Utah required.
- Current CPR certification required
- Hospital experience preferred
Job Status: Part Time, On Call