Patient Care Technician (CNA) Nights - Full Time
We are currently seeking an experienced Patient Care Technician (PCT) to join our Nursing team at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). Working at an LTACH will provide you with new clinical experiences that you won't have anywhere else. As part of a new and growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference. Great benefits, great employees and great opportunities await you!
About our Company: The staff at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital believes that recovery is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience. Patients need a caring, highly-trained and supportive team to maximize recovery and regain independence. The Specialty Hospital provides advanced long-term acute care, including high observation/critical care, for patients who require time to heal from catastrophic injury or illness.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs delegated tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical, psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the patient. The patient care tech actively participates in departmental activities and processes.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in preparing unit, patients' rooms, and patient beds for receiving patient admission or returning surgical patient according to established department policies.
- Maintains bed and room in a clean, neat, and comfortable manner, removing supplies and equipment not in use, placing furnishings and equipment out of the path to provide a safe and neatly organized area.
- Performs delegated procedures including obtaining and recording vital signs; measures and records intake and outputs and records weights, collects required specimens; and additional special procedures as directed.
- Reports any observed changes in condition or behavior of patient to appropriate nursing or therapy personnel.
- Documents care given to patients on appropriate charting forms or within the Vista Keene system as required by policy.
- Responds to patients' and family calls and requests promptly.
- Transfers patients utilizing proper body mechanics and patient safety precautions
- Demonstrates awareness of Infection Control as outlined in Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to toileting schedule for patients on Bowel and Bladder programs
- Provides for nourishment and hydration with awareness of special diet and precautions
- Prepares patient for prescribed treatment and assist professional staff with professional treatment.
- Obtains equipment, materials, and supplies from storage areas or appropriate department and prepares them for use.
- Maintains all work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provides an environment conductive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assess the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Skills / Requirements
- Current CNA license in the state of Utah required.
- Current CPR certification required
- Hospital experience preferred
Job Status: Full Time