Patient Care Technician Days (Full Time) MRI
Mesquite Rehabilitation Institute (MRI), a 30-bed facility, provides comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation services to patients with functional deficits resulting from injury or illness.
The staff at MRI believes that therapy is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience.
We are currently seeking a Patient Care Tech to join our team of caring, highly trained and supportive staff to help maximize our patient‚s recovery and regain independence.
Working under the supervision of registered nurse, primarily responsible for providing direct bedside care to patients. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care. Provides nourishment and hydration with awareness of special diet and precautions. Performs and documents vital signs, measures and records intake and output, weights, specimen collections, etc. Transfers patients utilizing proper body mechanics and safe patient handling techniques.
Assists in preparing unit, patients’ rooms, and patient beds for receiving patient admissions. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients. Maintains bed and room in a clean, neat, safe, and comfortable manner. Removes supplies and equipment not in use; placing furnishings and equipment out of the path in order to provide a safe, neat, and organized area.
Promptly and appropriately responds to patient and family calls and requests. Adheres to hourly rounding expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Benefits for Full time and Part time:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance / AD&D / Supplemental Life
- Flex Spending / Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan
- ETO (Earned Time Off Program) vacation after 90 days
- Anniversary Bonus
- Clinical Career Ladder Achievement Bonus
- In-House Continuing Education
- CCRN Certification Pay
- Wellness Program
Minimum Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- CNA license required in ID, SC, UT, WY, MT; State Tested Nursing Assistant required for OH; CNA license preferred in all other states.
- CPR Certification required
- One (1) year experience in a hospital setting preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20771