Patient Care Technician (Therapies) PRN
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northern Arizona (RHNA) is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
About our Company:
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Each one of our eligible Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) has been recognized in the Top 10% of 781 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States, cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Position Summary: The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing support care to patients and therapy staff under the supervision of a licensed therapist. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care, which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, freshwater and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
- Documents vital signs, measures and records intake and output, weights, etc.
- Consults with Therapist and other members of the interdisciplinary team for the delivery of patient care.
- Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patient to appropriate nursing or therapy personnel.
- Responds to patient and family calls and requests.
- Transfers resident / patients utilizing proper body mechanics and safe patient handling techniques.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining gymnasium unit.
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR Certification required.
- One (1) year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness of current Infection Control requirements and practices.
- Demonstrates clinical proficiency utilizing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Status: Part Time