Patient Care Technicians - (Nursing)
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northern Arizona (RHNA) is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
About our Company:
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Each one of our eligible Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) has been recognized in the Top 10% of 781 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States, cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Position Summary: The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing direct bedside care to patients under the supervision of the registered nurse. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care. Provides nourishment and hydration with awareness of special diet and precautions. Performs and documents vital signs, measures and records intake and output, weights, specimen collections, etc. Transfers patients utilizing proper body mechanics and safe patient handling techniques.
- Consults with Registered Nurse/Licensed Nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary team for the delivery of patient care. Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patient to appropriate nursing personnel.
- Promptly and appropriately responds to patient and family calls and requests. Adheres to hourly rounding expectations.
- Assists in preparing unit, patients’ rooms, and patient beds for receiving patient admissions. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients. Maintains bed and room in a clean, neat, safe, and comfortable manner. Removes supplies and equipment not in use; placing furnishings and equipment out of the path in order to provide a safe, neat, and organized area.
- Appropriately designates applicable charges to individual patients using hospital’s established system.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- CNA license required in ID, SC, UT, WY, MT; State Tested Nursing Assistant required for OH; CNA license preferred in all other states.
- CPR Certification required.
- One (1) year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infection Control and proper body mechanics.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Utilizes policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Status: Full Time