Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northern Arizona (RHNA) is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
About our Company:
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Each one of our eligible Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) has been recognized in the Top 10% of 781 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States, cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Position Summary: The Pharmacist is responsible for consults with nursing and medical staff on prescription orders, patient reactions, and errors or complaints. Conducts drug utilization reviews and prepares drug review criteria for medical staff approval. Monitors drug therapies as assigned by medical staff and suggests alternatives as appropriate. Consults with physician and physician groups concerning financial risk management related to prescribing. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares and dispenses medications per physician order according to established policies, procedures and protocols. Reviews each medication order for safety and appropriateness and communicate with the prescribers when indicated.
- Accurately interprets medication orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintains accurate, complete patient medication profiles.
- Provides drug information to staff, patients and their families. Supports and participates in patient education for medications.
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy in controlling access to the pharmacy and any automated medication system devices. Assists with maintenance of all drug storage and preparation areas within the facility and assists with monthly inspections.
- Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the daily activities of pharmacy technicians. Participates in the performance appraisal of pharmacy support personnel and quality improvement processes.
- Sustains formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department. On-call pharmacist services required.
- Current license as a Registered Pharmacist required
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time