Pharmacy Technician (Per Diem)
This position assists Pharmacist and licensed personnel in recordkeeping, inventory and other necessary items for the daily operation of the Pharmacy department within scope of responsibility and training.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collects and receives medication orders and prepares/assists with pharmaceutical preparations; including IV admixtures, compounding ointments, creams, oral solutions and other medications, and pre-packing medications not in unit dose, under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. May perform order entry under supervision of and with final check by a Registered Pharmacist.
- Orders, receives, stocks and stores medication and pharmaceutical supply orders in the pharmacy and other medication supply areas, and maximizes cost savings where possible. Receives and returns unused medications from the nursing units and returns to pharmacy for restocking/destruction as appropriate. Performs inventory counts/processes.
- Cleans equipment and medication areas according to Policy and Procedure and USP 797 guidelines where applicable. Maintains pharmacy cleaning and temperature logs.
- Maintains the automated dispensing equipment (Pyxis) including delivery of unit dose medications, monitors for unused and outdated medications, and utilizes configuration and reporting functionality to maintain optimal stock levels and assist with ADM-related processes, including discrepancy resolution.
- Performs monthly medication area inspections, including nursing unit inspections, and monitors for expired and unsecured medications.
- Counts and reviews daily statistics, processes records of medication dispensed to hospital patient, computes charges/credits, and enters data in computer.
Demonstrates proficiency using the machines, tools, equipment, and/or work aids appropriate for the position. Maintains appropriate certifications and competencies for position. Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department
Skills / Requirements
- State certified and registered with the Board of Pharmacy. Successful completion of national Pharmacy Technician Board Exam and maintenance of required continued education hours.
- One (1) year of Pharmacy Technician experience preferred
Job Status: On Call