Physical Therapist PRN
Great opportunity for a Physical Therapist to join our Team!
Mesquite Rehabilitation Institute (MRI), a 30-bed facility, provides comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation services to patients with functional deficits resulting from injury or illness.
Mesquite Rehabilitation Institute ranked in the top 10 percent of inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the United States, six years in a row (2011-2016).
Through services provided at Mesquite Rehabilitation Institute our patients are receiving the highest level of rehabilitative care available nationwide.
The staff at MRI believes that therapy is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience.
We are currently seeking a Physical Therapist to join our team of caring, highly trained and supportive staff to help maximize our patient‚s recovery and regain independence.
Provides services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Examines patient's medical history, evaluates their physical abilities, determines their potential to respond to therapy, and develops treatment plans. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
- Performs patient assessment and establishes plan of care. Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation.
- Assesses educational and cultural needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and communicates accordingly to achieve maximum benefit of care.
- Applies appropriate application of age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
- Basic Life Support/CPR Certification required.
- One year of direct patient care experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 18198