Physician (PM&R) - Medical Director Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation
Physician (PM&R) Medical Director Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northwest (RHN) – Post Falls, Idaho
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northwest (RHN) is a 30-bed acute rehabilitation hospital in Post Falls, ID, located ten minutes from beautiful Coeur d’ Alene, a Pacific Northwest vacation destination and just thirty minutes from Spokane Washington. RHN opened in December 2013 and four years in a row has ranked in the top 10% of inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the United States for care that is patient-centered, effective, efficient and timely. The ranking is by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR). Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northwest ensures compliance with regulatory standards set for forth by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and is CARF and Joint Commission accredited. RHN offers patients the highest level of specialized medical and rehabilitative care available. Our facility is designed solely for the provision of specialized inpatient acute rehabilitative care. The facility’s unique design fosters a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients. Our patients have access to all private patient rooms and well-equipped therapy areas. Our therapy areas include a 2,360-square foot therapy gym with private treatment rooms, a heated aquatic therapy pool with an electric lift, and an ADL suite. Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of independence.
We are seeking a Physical, Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician Medical Director to work collaboratively with our management team to ensure we provide the highest quality patient care outcomes and that those services are aligned with all applicable Ernest Health, Federal and State standards and benchmarks.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for consultation on medical management of rehab programs and services focusing on patient outcomes and caregiver education.
- Provides direction, expertise and mentoring to facilitate the growth and development of IP rehabilitation therapy services.
- Assure all services are delivered in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with the management team in organizing and directing the provision of PM&R services in agreement with all applicable federal, state and local laws, standards, rules and regulations.
- Have strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Represent and promote the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northwest services to the community, develop a strong physician network, and continuously project a professional image within the communities we serve.
- Provides direct patient care
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Implements and coordinates patient care services, and program development
- Participates in bi-weekly interdisciplinary team meetings and other assigned meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- MD/DO Degree issued by Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Current, valid and active license to practice medicine in the State of Idaho.
- Board-eligible or board certified in PM&R to practice in the field of medical rehabilitation as required by hospital bylaws or state regulation.
Ernest Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Job Status: Full Time