PRN Dietitian - Rehab Hospital
Company Overview: Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions.
Northern Utah Rehabilitation Hospital is a 40-bed, Rehabilitation Hospital. Our facility, designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care, is the only freestanding rehabilitation hospital in Northern Utah. The facility’s unique design will foster a comfortable and responsive environment for our patients.
Our hospital provides rehabilitative services for patients with functional deficits as a result of debilitating illnesses, or injuries. Through our inpatient rehabilitation programs, we help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
Coordinates the preparation and serving of meals, in collaboration with the Food Services Manager, based on general or special diets. Specifies dietary requirements for patients with special restrictions or nutritional needs.
- Participate in the nutritional aspects of patient care by: sharing specialized knowledge with others on the medical team, participating appropriately in patient rounds and conferences, recording in medical records, and assessing the nutritional status of patients, instructing patients, recording diet histories, interpreting and integrating therapeutic principles.
- Evaluates patient menus and modified diets and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Makes appropriate notation of food and drug interaction in the patient medical record.
- Complies with quality control, safety, infection control and emergency procedures consistent with hospital policy.
- Maintain current diet manual for therapeutic diets that have been approved jointly by the dietitian and medical staff.
- Current Registered Dietitian license in the state of Utah required
- One year of experience in the care of patients in a hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
Job Status: Part Time, On Call