PRN Physical Therapist
Company Overview: We are currently seeking an experienced Physical Therapist to join our team at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital, an award winning Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). Working at an LTACH will provide you with new experiences that you won't have anywhere else. As part of a new and growing company, you have the chance to make a direct difference. Great benefits, great employees and great opportunities await you!
About our Company: Our hospital, located in Provo, UT, is a beautiful, state of the art hospital nestled at the base of Squaw Mountain and at the mouth of Provo Canyon. The hospital has a fully adapted ADL suite, generously large therapy gym, and is equipped with the tools and resources needed to provide excellent patient care. Our therapists are team-oriented, supportive mentors with progressive perspectives.
Job Summary: Provides services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Examines patient’s medical history, evaluates their physical abilities, determines their potential to respond to therapy, and develops treatment plans.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs patient assessment and establishes plan of care. Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress and plans for reevaluation.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of treatment and modifies as necessary
- Assesses educational and cultural needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and communicates accordingly to achieve maximum benefit of care.
- Prepares plans for discharge.
- Applies age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines in caring for patients.
- Coordinates and supervises staff including interns, students, and volunteers.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Utah required
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR card required.
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality
Job Status: On Call