PRN Therapy Patient Care Tech
About our Company:
Are you preparing for a career in physical therapy or occupational therapy? Do you need therapy field work hours? Do you want to learn hands-on clinical skills that will make you a better therapist? Are you interested in building therapy experiences and developing relationships that will strengthen your graduate school application?
If so, the Therapy Tech position at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital may be the right job for you. We currently have a job opening with PRN/part-time hours available.
Under the direction of the assigned licensed Therapist, the Therapy Patient Care Tech performs delegated tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical, psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the patient.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in preparing unit, patients’ rooms, etc. for patient according to established department policies.
- Maintains bed and room in a clean, neat and comfortable manner, removing supplies and equipment not in use, placing furnishings and equipment out of the path to provide a safe, neatly organized area.
- Documents care given to patients on appropriate charting forms as required by policy
- Promptly responds to patient and family calls and requests
- Explains activities and aspects of care to be performed to the patient and family. Reports patient and family concerns to the RN or the Therapist. Refers questions requiring advanced knowledge to RN or Therapist
- Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patient to appropriate nursing or therapy personnel
- Transfers patients utilizing proper body mechanics and patient safety precautions
- Transports patients to and from therapy sessions
- Prepares patient for prescribed treatment and assists professional staff with professional treatment
- Obtains equipment, materials and supplies from storage areas or appropriate departments and prepares them for use
- Demonstrates proficiency using the machines, tools, equipment and/or work aids appropriate for the position
- Demonstrates awareness of Infection Control as outlined in Policies and Procedures
- Maintains all work areas in clean and orderly condition
- CPR certification required
- One (1) year experience in a hospital setting preferred
Job Status: Part Time, On Call