Registered Dietitian (PRN)
Advanced Care Hospital of Montana (ACHM) is a 40-bed, long term acute care hospital. At ACHM, we believe your recovery is more than just physical. We offer long-term acute care and critical care services for patients recovering from serious illnesses or injuries.
Conducts nutritional assessments of all patients as ordered by a physician or as identified through initial assessment. Provides counseling to patients and family members. Ensures nutritional adequacy of patient menus. Coordinates and directs Clinical Nutrition Services/Education.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The dietitian shall participate in the nutritional aspects of patient care
- Sharing specialized knowledge with others on the medical team.
- Participating appropriately in patient rounds and conferences.
- Recording in medical records.
- Assessing the nutritional status of patients, instructing patients, recording diet histories, interpreting and integrating therapeutic principles.
- Evaluates patient menus and modified diets.
- Is aware of food and drug interaction and makes appropriate notation of such in the patient medical record.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- The dietician shall be responsible for, and active in, the hospital’s quality improvement program.
- Attends and participates in all applicable hospital training and development workshops scheduled by the facility.
- Complies with quality control, safety, infection control and emergency procedures consistent with hospital policy.
- Maintain current diet manual for therapeutic diets that have been approved jointly by the dietitian and MEC. The manual shall be developed on recognized current therapeutic practices. The dietitian shall recommend this manual to MEC for approval prior to inclusion in the manual.
- Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing, and educating coworkers and staff. Coordinates and supervises appropriate levels of staff including interns, students, and volunteers. Responds to department needs. Participates in and contributes to quality improvement process for the department and the institution.
- Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial support as they relate to quality and efficiency.
Skills / Requirements
- One (1) year of experience in the care of patients in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred.
- Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Job Status: On Call