REGISTERED NURSE Days (Full Time) Mesquite Specialty Hospital
At Mesquite Specialty Hospital (40 bed facility), we provide long-term acute care services to patients recovering from serious illnesses or injuries. Our vision is to provide state-of-the art care, being recognized as the providers of choice and centers of excellence for long term acute care and rehabilitation programs and services in the DFW Metroplex and east Texas areas.
We are committed to excellence and we believe this starts with our employees! If you’re looking for a work environment that encourages growth, respect and teamwork…then we hope you will consider a career at Mesquite Specialty Hospital.
We are currently seeking a Full-time Registered Nurse Med-Surg to join our team of caring, highly trained and supportive staff to make a difference in our patients' lives.
Position summary: The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within assigned unit. The role is also responsible for patient assessments, planning, supervising, interventions, and evaluations designed to prevent complications of physical disability, restore optimal functioning, and help the patient adapt to an altered life style. Integrates the hospital’s mission and "Guiding Principles" into daily practice.
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality and efficient patient care according to established standards. This includes: accurately completing admission and other assessments, and collecting, analyzing, and prioritizing assessment data and other relevant patient information in order to facilitate proper patient care.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs. Teaches patient and families using effective teaching methods and documents accordingly
Provides timely assistance with urgent and emergency situations, i.e., Code Blue and Rapid Response.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Benefits for Full-time:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance / AD&D / Supplemental Life
- Flex Spending / Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan
- ETO (Earned Time Off Program) vacation after 90 days
- Anniversary Bonus
- Wellness Program
- CCRN certification pay
- Preceptor program
- Weekend shift differential
- Relocation Assistance
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of accredited Registered Nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- One (1) year recent experience preferred. Acute care setting preferred.
- ACLS certification preferred in LTACH and Texas hospitals.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20799