Registered Nurse MRI Days (Full Time)
Mesquite Rehabilitation Institute (MRI), a 20-bed facility, provides comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation services to patients with functional deficits resulting from injury or illness.
The staff at MRI believes that therapy is not just physical - it is also a very emotional experience.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team of caring, highly trained and supportive staff to help maximize our patient‚s recovery and regain independence.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients through the use of the nursing process and supports ANA standards of nursing. Therefore, the Registered Nurse is responsible for assessments, planning, supervising, interventions, and evaluations designed to prevent complications of physical disability, restore optimal functioning and help the patient adapt to an altered life style. The Registered Nurse is responsible for overseeing patient care provided through support personnel. The RN provides care to adolescents through geriatric age patients. This goal is met by cooperation and communication with inter-and-intra-departmental staff, patients and families.
- Assessment – Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality patient care according to established standards of care. Collects assessment data and other relevant information.
- Plan – Contributes to the creation of individualize plan of care for each patient. Identifies goals and interventions to obtain expected outcomes.
- Implementation—Implements the identified plan of care.
- Evaluation—Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Documentation - Provides documentation that is accurate, appropriate, and complete.
- Delegation and Coordination – Delegates and coordinates patient care to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Process Improvement – Helps identify problems and potential risks and contributes to corrective action plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall effectiveness of the department.
Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year recent experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current Texas state license as a registered nurse. Current CPR certification. ACLS certification preferred (required for ICU unit).
Job Status: Full Time