Respiratory Therapist (Per Diem)
Advanced Care Hospital of Montana (ACHM) is a 40-bed, long term acute care hospital. At ACHM, we believe your recovery is more than just physical. We offer long-term acute care and critical care services for patients recovering from serious illnesses or injuries.
Using discretion and independent judgment, the Registered Respiratory Therapist performs quality patient care as a member of the Rehabilitation Team, providing respiratory care and patient transport as medically prescribed and with minimal supervision. This position provides direct patient care to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs medically prescribed respiratory care procedures in accordance with departmental and unit policy and procedures.
- Assesses the patient's condition based upon clinical observation, patient interview, physician diagnoses and notes; laboratory and radiologic findings.
- Observes and evaluates the patient's response to therapy and reports any adverse response appropriately.
- Provides technical advice and serves as a consultant to other staff members
- Evaluates adequate and appropriateness of therapy specifically in the treatment of outpatients and new respiratory care patients.
- Performs in-house transport, stands by during special procedures and responds to critical situations.
- Actively participates in patient rounds.
- Setup, maintenance and removal of equipment from patient care areas.
- Documents all procedures performed on all patient and office records as described in the departmental documentation and records procedure.
- Participates in shift report. Receives pertinent information concerning assigned patients and effectively communicating all relevant information to the oncoming shift.
- Cleans and assembles equipment.
- Communicates appropriate information to patient/family concerning respiratory care procedures.
- One (1) year recent experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current MT state license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Current CPR required and ACLS certification preferred
Job Status: On Call