Respiratory Therapist (PRN)
ABOUT OUR SEARCH
Northern Colorado Long Term Acute Hospital (NCLTAH) is currently seeking an experienced Respiratory Therapist for a PRN (as needed) position. Make a direct difference today by joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to attain a common goal – giving the gift of time through great patient care. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(K), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and ETO (Earned Time Off). Competitive wages await you!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
At Northern Colorado Long Term Acute Hospital, we believe your recovery means more than just physical. At our state-of-the-art facility, we offer advanced long-term acute care, including high observation/critical care, for patients who require time to heal from catastrophic injury or illness. We focus on each patient’s unique needs to achieve maximum levels of recovery. At Northern Colorado Long Term Acute Hospital, we are proud to be one of the newest members of the Northern Colorado health care continuum.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Using discretion and independent judgment, the Registered Respiratory Therapist performs quality patient care as a member of the Rehabilitation Team, providing respiratory care and patient transport as medically prescribed and with minimal supervision. This position provides direct patient care to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Minimum Work Experience
One (1) year recent experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current State of Colorado license as Registered Respiratory Therapist is required.
- Current BLS/CPR required.
- Proficient use of appropriate forms in documenting care and medical necessity.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and care.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical proficiency utilizing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledgeable about accreditation standards to ensure adherence to all standard set forth by the stat and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 20354