Speech Language Pathologist (PRN)
We have a great opportunity for a Speech Language Pathologist (PRN) with the Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico!
PRN Scheduling - flexible scheduling, seeking availability for both weekday and weekend shifts
Our Passion - Patients are our priority. We are passionate about patient care and consider it a privilege to be able to provide services to patients and their family members throughout Southern New Mexico.
At Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico, we provide rehabilitative services to people recovering from disabilities caused by injuries or illnesses. We help our patients regain their physical or cognitive abilities so they can return home at their highest level of independence.
Nationally Recognized: Our hospital has been ranked in the Top 10% nationally for rehabilitative care for 12 consecutive years, and has earned The Joint Commission’s advanced stroke certification. This means that we provide the highest level of care available to patients right here in our own community.
Job Summary: The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates patients and provides treatment for speech, language, cognitive, communication, voice, swallowing, fluency, and other related disorders.
- Performs patient assessment, establishes plan of care, and prepares discharge plans
- Evaluates effectiveness of treatment and modifies as necessary
- Assesses educational and cultural needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and communicates accordingly to promote maximum benefit of care
- Coordinates and supervises appropriate levels of staff including interns, students, and volunteers
- Uses age specific standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines to perform treatments and procedures that are routine for unit/clinic based on patient age
- Completes patient documentation in a thorough, timely, and efficient manner
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff
- Current NM state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification required
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA or Clinical Fellowship Year status or equivalent preferred
- Two years experience in rehabilitation hospital setting preferred
Visit us on Facebook
Job Status: Part Time